|SORAK explaining the advantages of reusable sanitary pads|
At this time, we will report about Activity 3-2 ‘Conduct 13 parish community meetings based on providing reusable sanitary pad information and awareness raising’
The meetings were intended to promote the use of SORAK-made reusable sanitary pads as well as to make parents/guardians more aware about their roles and responsibilities in promoting MHM among girls attending school in order to reduce on girl’s absenteeism’s as a result of menstruation.
- Brief overview of menstrual hygiene management
- Roles of parents in the promotion of menstrual hygiene management for girls attending school
- Introduction of SORAK-made reusable sanitary pads
- Showing the advantages of the reusable sanitary pads
- Applicability/How to use
|Demonstrating how a reusable sanitary pad is used with a nicker|
|Participants attentively learning how to use a SORAK-made reusable pad|
- At the end of the awareness-raising meetings, participants were able to commit to proper menstrual hygiene management, in addition to knowing the dangers/risks girls are exposed to while using unhygienic menstrual materials.
- Parents who participated in the awareness-raising meetings acknowledged their roles and responsibilities of providing materials for their daughters during menstruation. Some pledged to provide support to their children during menstruation.
- Fifteen (15) promotional sets of reusable sanitary pads were sold during the awareness meetings. SORAK also donated 5 sets of reusable sanitary pads to active participants.
- Thirteen (13) community-based active SORAK sales representatives were successfully identified to find clients in need of reusable pads. This will also help to provide feedback regarding SORAK-made reusable pads from users to SORAK for making quality improvements.
Click on the following link to view the report on ‘Activity:3-2: Conduct 13 parish community meetings based on providing reusable sanitarypad information and awareness raising‘
*This project is supported by Lush Japan Co., Ltd.