Hello, this is Global Bridge Network (GBN)!
Regarding ‘Environmental Protection through Expanding Lemon grass growing and Education in Uganda’, this is the first report of 2nd year of this project.
SORAK Executive Director
discussing the importance of lemon grass growing
as a measure to environmental protection
Although the project of the second year has been ongoing, we had about some sad news that the lemon grass was affected by Insects in most gardens leading to reduce in quality and as well dry up of lemon grass.
However, activities have been successfully implemented!
This time, ‘Parish based training of women and youth in lemon grass growing and environmental protection’ were carried out on May 2018.
A total of 161 participants attended and most of them were women with a likely number of about 118 female participants.
The topics were as follows.
- Need to engage the youth and women in lemon grass growing
- Need for a strong desire towards environmental conservation by- laws
- Need for the participants to understand their current role in protecting the environment.
- Importance of lemongrass growing
The outcomes of this training were as following.
- Encouraged youth and women to take on lemon grass growing as well as other environmental conservation activities like tree planting.
- Tasked all parish-based leaders to keep on patrolling the environment to ensure its protection.
- Emphasized putting in place harsh measures to those that have broken the environment related laws and regulations.
Therefore, the participants discussed pertinent issues that have led to the massive environmental degradation as well as discover for themselves about environmental degradation vices and laws of protection throughout their respective parishes.
You can find the details in the reports below,
*This project is supported by Japan Fund for Global Environment of the Environmental Restoration (JFGE) and by Environmental Restoration and Conservation Agency (ERCA)
GBN's Facebook Page is here♪