2019年2月28日木曜日

【Partner】STUDIO BARJARA(Ms. Atsuko )

We are pleased to introduce Ms. Atsuko, who is the head of STUDIO BARJARA.

Ms. Atsuko is offering African style dance and Pilates lessons, and she is also active as an organizer of GBN’s international exchange event Sanyu! In addition, we have received various support such as donations through the sales of dance costumes.

Good smile♪
She talked about her work, why she started to teach African dance and collaborations with GBN, etc.

*******

<What is your current work?> 
I have been mainly organizing “African style dance,” which is not traditional African dance but mixes various genres of dance. Besides that, I am active as a lecturer for hip hop & house dance classes for adults and children, Pilates lessons for women who are not good at exercising and function training, as well as health gymnastics for elderly people. I also organize and coordinate dance events, etc.

<Why did you start to teach African style dance?>
Originally, I was mainly learning street dance and jazz dance for becoming professional dancers. However, when I joined a workshop on African Dance at the dance school, I was moved by this dynamic and expressive dance; therefore, I began to learn it. I want many people to feel their heart will be liberated and feel great through dance, so I started to offer African style dance classes.

Looks very energetic!

<What is your passion in cooperating with GBN and your feelings toward Africa?>

I myself live without international assistance, but I am mainly working to teach African style dance. African style dance is supporting my life and I feel joy and sometimes sadness … I feel a lot of things.

I thought that maybe it was about time to give back to African style dance by helping Africa. Therefore, I am cooperating with the activities of GBN through organizing some events and donating from the sales of dance costumes. By deepening collaborative activities, I am glad that I can learn about Africa today and interact with lots of Africans through GBN.

I would like to continue my support and do what I can do by looking at Africa as a country that I still do not know much about.

<About African Style Dance lessons>
STUDIO BARJARA is waiting for you to start our dance lessons regardless of age and dance experience♪ Come join us!

Be sure to check out STUDIO BARJARA’s website!
https://www.studio-barjara.com/ (in Japanese)

*******

We really appreciate her continuous cooperation.
Thank you very much, Ms. Atsuko!



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿